One popular use for specialty windows is to place them above another window or an entry door. Whatever look you are hoping to create, there is a shape and style of window available to help you achieve it. Here are a few of the most common shapes:
Round Specialty Windows
Round windows are a popular style, and can be used in a variety of locations on your home. Round windows fit into the following basic categories:
- Circle: These unique windows add an extra touch of detail, and are especially well-suited to small rooms such as bathrooms or offices.
- Oval: Oval windows are another great option for small spaces. Though less common than circular windows, ovals are a versatile shape. For rooms with vaulted ceilings, oval windows can be placed higher up to draw in additional light.
- Circle Top: This style of window works well when placed above a rectangular window or a doorway. A circle top window can transform a standard window to make it look more custom.
Geometric Specialty Windows
While rounded, flowing shapes work well for some styles of home, more angular shapes may be preferred for other homes. Here are a few of the more common shapes:
- Triangle: Like circle top windows, triangles are most typically placed above an existing window or doorway to produce a more dramatic look. However, this versatile shape offers plenty of other possibilities. Instead of installing a traditional rectangular window, consider placing two triangle windows together.
- Trapezoid: Trapezoid windows are perfect for maximizing the natural light in your home. They’re especially well-suited for homes with high-vaulted ceilings.
- Octagon: Similar to a circle window, octagon windows work well in small spaces. You can even add grids to an octagon window to create a more decorative look for your home.
Advances in materials and technique have made even more shapes and sizes of window available to homeowners. There are many more specialty windows available, including:
- Custom Shapes: If you can’t find the right window for your project, you aren’t out of options. You may be able to create a custom window that is unique to your home.
- Garden Window: A new garden window creates a beautiful, well-lit spot in your home, and is perfect for plants or flowers. Garden windows are available in a variety of colors, and with energy-efficient glass, so you can create the perfect look without compromising on quality.
The options we’ve listed above are certainly not the only ones that are available to you. If you want to learn more about the different types of specialty windows that are available, contact the experts at Craftmasters. At Craftmasters Remodeling, all of our window installers are employees of our company, not a bunch of subcontractors. This makes a huge difference in the quality of workmanship, professionalism and your satisfaction of the job well done.
We install all available window types on the market today. Give us a call at 651-757-4100 to learn more about the window installation process, and discover what options are available. We’ll make the whole process as quick, simple, and stress-free as possible!